Here is the some steps to help you to save money on Milk OF Magnesia purchase.
Read drug prescription
It is very important to know about what medicine is given by the doctor, for what condition, and when it needs to be taken in what dose. This information given by the doctor is called Prescription. The patients should be familiar with the medicine prescription, and the details about the medicine before purchasing it and using it. Some medications need not be prescribed by healthcare practitioners and can be purchased and used without prescription by the patients; these are called over-the-counter medications. Read the drug prescription information of Milk OF Magnesia before taking it.
Milk OF Magnesia
What is Milk OF Magnesia
Treating acid indigestion, heartburn, sour stomach, and constipation. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Milk OF Magnesia is an antacid. It works by neutralizing the acid in the stomach and by stimulating the bowels to move.
Important safety information:
- Milk OF Magnesia usually causes a bowel movement within 30 minutes to 6 hours of using it. If you do not have a bowel movement after using Milk OF Magnesia, contact your doctor.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use the maximum dose for longer than 1 week without checking with your doctor.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 1 week or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Milk OF Magnesia should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Milk OF Magnesia can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Milk OF Magnesia while you are pregnant. It is not known if Milk OF Magnesia is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Milk OF Magnesia, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Milk OF Magnesia side effects
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome: Diarrhea.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur: Severe allergic reactions ; loss of appetite; muscle weakness; nausea; slow reflexes; vomiting.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
Compare prices at online shops
Prices of the drug can vary in different shops. There will be a variation in price from pharmacy to an online shop. Most online shops will have a little lower price when compared to pharmacy stores, so you need to cross check before buying. Just go to a nearest pharmacy store and check for prices before you decide on buying. You should also be checking and comparing prices among various online stores and should be choosing the affordable and best store. The prices also vary based on brands, and you should note few stores sell specific brands, and you should learn to compare prices of same brand in different stores. Below are the prices of Milk OF Magnesia medicine in some well-known online stores.
|Granville Web Services Ltd|
|311 mg||100 ||$24.75||Australia, Canada, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|400 / 5mg / ml||1500 ml||$37.92||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|80 mg / ml||500 ml||$17.70||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|Online Pharmacies Canada|
|311 mg||100 ||$25.00||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
Select the most affordable brand or generic drug
|ACME's Milk of Magnesia|
|Citrato Espresso S.Pellegrino|
|Dey's Milk Of Magnesia (110 ml)|
|0 .311gm||10 Tablet||$0.04|
|85 %/5ml||110 ml||$0.24|
|8 % w/w x 110ml|| ||$0.24|
| DEY'S MILK OF MAGNESIA oral susp 8 % w/w x 110ml || ||$0.34||Dey's|
|8 % w/w x 340ml|| ||$0.38|
|0 .311 g x 10's|| ||$0.04|
| DEY'S MILK OF MAGNESIA tab 0.311 g x 10's || ||$0.04||Dey's|
| DEY'S MILK OF MAGNESIA oral susp 8 % w/w x 340ml || ||$0.93||Dey's|
|Dulcolax Milk of Magnesia suspension|
|Hoe's Milk of Magnesia|
|Leche de Magnesia|
|Leche de Magnesia Incobra|
|Leite De Magn?sia Phillips|
|Magmex 1200 MG in 15 mL Oral Suspension|
|Magmex 1200 MG per 15 ML Oral Suspension|
|Magnesia Liquida Pasteur|
|Magnesia S. Pellegrino|
|Magnesium Hydroxide 400 MG Chewable Tablet [Pedia-Lax Chewable]|
|Magnesium Hydroxide GPO|
|Magnesium Hydroxide P & D|
|Milk OF Magnesia Cherry|
| mg||500 ||$13.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
| mg||500 ||$13.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK|
|Milk Of Magnesia Charoen Bhaesaj|
|Milk of Magnesia Utopian|
|85 %/5ml||110 ml||$0.20|
|Phillips Milk of Magnesia|
|311 mg||100 ||$12.54||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|311 mg||100 ||$12.54||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|311 mg||100 ||$12.54||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|400 /5mg/ml||350 ml||$20.64||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|400 /5mg/ml||1050 ml||$44.22||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|Phillips' Milk of Magnesia|
|Phillips' Milk of Magnesia chewable tablets|
|magnesium hydroxide 1200 MG in 15 mL Oral Suspension|
|milk of magnesia 80 MG/ML Oral Suspension|
- Dailymed."Magnesium hydroxide: dailymed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the united states. dailymed is the official provider of fda label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailym... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Magnesium hydroxide". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/co... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Magnesium hydroxide". http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB0910... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Nbz3qy004s: the unique ingredient identifier (unii) is an alphanumeric substance identifier from the joint fda/usp substance registration system (srs).". https://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/Dat... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Magnesium hydroxide: inorganic chemical information in wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magne... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Magnesium hydroxide (by mouth): this section provide the link out information of drugs collectetd in pubmed health. ". http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedh... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Antacids". https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/6... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Magnesium hydroxide: the information provided here is aggregated from the "notified classification and labelling" from echa's c&l inventory. ". https://echa.europa.eu/information-... (accessed August 28, 2018).
Milk OF Magnesia - Frequently asked Questions
Can Milk OF Magnesia be stopped immediately or do I have to stop the consumption gradually to ween off?
In some cases, it always advisable to stop the intake of some medicines gradually because of the rebound effect of the medicine.
It's wise to get in touch with your doctor as a professional advice is needed in this case regarding your health, medications and further recommendation to give you a stable health condition.
Who should not take Milk OF Magnesia?
Some medical conditions may interact with Milk OF Magnesia. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have appendicitis, stomach pain, a blockage of your bowels, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, kidney problems, rectal bleeding of unknown cause, or if you have had bowel surgery
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Milk OF Magnesia. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Milk OF Magnesia
- Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), bisphosphonates (eg, alendronate), cation exchange resins (eg, sodium polystyrene sulfonate), cephalosporins (eg, cephalexin), mycophenolate, penicillamine, quinolone antibiotics (eg, ciprofloxacin), or tetracyclines (eg, doxycycline) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Milk OF Magnesia
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Milk OF Magnesia may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How should I take Milk OF Magnesia?
Use Milk OF Magnesia as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Milk OF Magnesia by mouth with or without food. Follow with a full glass (8 oz/240 mL) of water or other liquid.
- If you miss a dose of Milk OF Magnesia, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Milk OF Magnesia.
Can Milk OF Magnesia be taken or consumed while pregnant?
Please visit your doctor for a recommendation as such case requires special attention.
Can Milk OF Magnesia be taken for nursing mothers or during breastfeeding?
Kindly explain your state and condition to your doctor and seek medical advice from an expert.
ReviewsFollowing the study conducted by wDrugs.com on Milk OF Magnesia, the result is highlighted below. However, it must be clearly stated that the survey and result is based solely on the perception and impression of visitors and users of the website as well as consumers of Milk OF Magnesia. We, therefore, urge readers not to base their medical judgment strictly on the result of this study but on test/diagnosis duly conducted by a certified medical practitioners or physician.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Harshad Shah, MD Pharmacology