Here is the some steps to help you to save money on Miconazole gel purchase.
Read drug prescription
It is very important to know about what medicine is given by the doctor, for what condition, and when it needs to be taken in what dose. This information given by the doctor is called Prescription. The patients should be familiar with the medicine prescription, and the details about the medicine before purchasing it and using it. Some medications need not be prescribed by healthcare practitioners and can be purchased and used without prescription by the patients; these are called over-the-counter medications. Read the drug prescription information of Miconazole gel before taking it.
What is Miconazole gel
Treating athlete's foot, jock itch, or ringworm and relieving the itching, scaling, burning, and discomfort due to those conditions. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Miconazole gel is an antifungal. It works by killing sensitive fungi and drying out the infected area.
Important safety information:
- Miconazole gel is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- If your condition does not improve within 4 weeks for athletes foot or ringworm, within 2 weeks for jock itch, or if it gets worse, check with your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Miconazole gel is not effective on the scalp or nails.
- Miconazole gel is flammable. Do not store or use near fire or other open flame. Do not use while smoking.
- Miconazole gel may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Miconazole gel should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 2 years old without checking with the child's doctor; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Miconazole gel, contact your doctor. Discuss the benefits and risks of using Miconazole gel while you are pregnant. It is not known if Miconazole gel is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Miconazole gel, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Miconazole gel side effects
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with the use of Miconazole gel. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur: Severe allergic reactions ; irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
Select the most affordable brand or generic drug
|Absorbine Antifungal Liquid|
| mg||60 ||$14.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
| mg||60 ||$14.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK|
| Brentan 5 g x 1's|| ||$2.46|
| Dermazole 150 mg Tablet|| ||$0.22|
|Desenex Jock Itch|
|Gyno Mykotral 2%|
|Gyno miconazolnitraat PCH|
| M-Zole 20mg TAB / 10|| ||$0.67|
|50 mg||14 ||$283.17||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|50 mg||14 ||$295.02||Australia, Canada, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
| NoStrengthProvided||45 gm||$777.20||USA|
| CVS Pharmacy miconazole 7 cream|| ||$0.18|
| Monistat 1 combination pack|| ||$16.81|
| Monistat-Derm 2% Cream 15 gm Tube|| ||$32.00|
|Miconazole Nitrate 1% Taiyo|
|Miconazole Nitrate Perrigo|
|2 % x 20g|| ||$0.79|
| MICONIT topical gel 2 % x 20g || ||$0.79||East West|
| Miconit 2% GEL / 20g|| ||$0.79|
|30 gm||10 ||$0.19|
|Monistat 1 Day Combo With Cool Wipes|
| mg||1 ||$24.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
| mg||1 ||$24.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK|
|Monistat 3 Day Combination Pack With Coolwipes|
|400 mg/2%||1 pkg||$24.95||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|400 mg/2%mg, %||30 package||$748.50||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|Monistat 3 suppositories|
|Monistat 3day Ovule|
|400 mg||1 ||$21.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|400 mg||1 ||$21.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK|
|Monistat 7 Vaginal Cream|
|2 %||35 g||$18.60||Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|2 %||35 g||$18.69||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|2 %||35 g||$18.79||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|2 %||35 g||$23.29||Australia, Canada, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
| Sporend 2 % x 5 g x 1's|| ||$0.30|
| Sporend 2 % x 15 g x 1's|| ||$0.54|
|Triple Paste AF|
- Dailymed."Miconazole: dailymed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the united states. dailymed is the official provider of fda label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailym... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Miconazole". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/co... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Miconazole". http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB0111... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Miconazole: the nci development therapeutics program (dtp) provides services and resources to the academic and private-sector research communities worldwide to facilitate the discovery and development of new cancer therapeutic agents.". https://dtp.cancer.gov/dtpstandard/... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Miconazole: link to the compound information in wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micon... (accessed August 28, 2018).
Miconazole gel - Frequently asked Questions
Can Miconazole gel be stopped immediately or do I have to stop the consumption gradually to ween off?
In some cases, it always advisable to stop the intake of some medicines gradually because of the rebound effect of the medicine.
It's wise to get in touch with your doctor as a professional advice is needed in this case regarding your health, medications and further recommendation to give you a stable health condition.
How should I take Miconazole gel?
Use Miconazole gel as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Clean the affected area and dry it thoroughly.
- Apply a thin layer of medicine over the affected area in the morning and evening unless directed otherwise by your doctor. Rub in gently.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Miconazole gel, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- For athlete's foot, pay special attention to the area between the toes. Wear well-fitting, ventilated shoes, and change your shoes and socks at least once daily.
- To clear up your infection completely, continue using Miconazole gel for the full course of treatment even if your condition improves within a few days.
- Supervise children in the use of this product.
- If you miss a dose of Miconazole gel, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Miconazole gel.
Who should not take Miconazole gel?
Some medical conditions may interact with Miconazole gel. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems, or the blood disease porphyria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Miconazole gel. Because little, if any, of Miconazole gel is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Miconazole gel may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Can Miconazole gel be taken or consumed while pregnant?
Please visit your doctor for a recommendation as such case requires special attention.
Can Miconazole gel be taken for nursing mothers or during breastfeeding?
Kindly explain your state and condition to your doctor and seek medical advice from an expert.
ReviewsFollowing the study conducted by wDrugs.com on Miconazole gel, the result is highlighted below. However, it must be clearly stated that the survey and result is based solely on the perception and impression of visitors and users of the website as well as consumers of Miconazole gel. We, therefore, urge readers not to base their medical judgment strictly on the result of this study but on test/diagnosis duly conducted by a certified medical practitioners or physician.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Harshad Shah, MD Pharmacology