Here is the some steps to help you to save money on Ilomycin purchase.
Read drug prescription
It is very important to know about what medicine is given by the doctor, for what condition, and when it needs to be taken in what dose. This information given by the doctor is called Prescription. The patients should be familiar with the medicine prescription, and the details about the medicine before purchasing it and using it. Some medications need not be prescribed by healthcare practitioners and can be purchased and used without prescription by the patients; these are called over-the-counter medications. Read the drug prescription information of Ilomycin before taking it.
What is Ilomycin
Treating infections caused by certain bacteria. It is also used to prevent attacks of rheumatic fever. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Ilomycin is a macrolide antibiotic. It works by killing or slowing the growth of sensitive bacteria.
Important safety information:
- Mild diarrhea is common with antibiotic use. However, a more serious form of diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis) may rarely occur. This may develop while you use the antibiotic or within several months after you stop using it. Contact your doctor right away if stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools occur. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
- Ilomycin only works against bacteria; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold).
- Be sure to use Ilomycin for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Long-term or repeated use of Ilomycin may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Ilomycin before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Rarely, patients taking Ilomycin have developed reversible hearing loss. The risk is greater if you have kidney problems or you take high doses of Ilomycin. Contact your doctor if you develop decreased hearing or hearing loss.
- Ilomycin may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Ilomycin.
- Lab tests, including liver function, kidney function, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you use Ilomycin. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Ilomycin with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially irregular heartbeat (prolonged QT interval).
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Ilomycin while you are pregnant. Ilomycin is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Ilomycin, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Ilomycin side effects
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome: Loss of appetite; mild diarrhea; nausea; stomach pain; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur: Severe allergic reactions ; bloody stools; change in the amount of urine produced; decreased hearing or hearing loss; irregular heartbeat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe diarrhea; severe stomach pain; stomach cramps; symptoms of liver problems (eg, yellowing of the skin or eyes; pale stools; severe or persistent nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite; dark urine).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
Select the most affordable brand or generic drug
|2 .5/100/50/mg||75 lotion||$40.32||Canada, UK|
| Acne 1% Gel|| ||$0.90||West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd|
| ACNE 1% GEL 1 tube(s) (15 GM gel each)|| ||$0.90||West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd|
| ACNE topical gel 1 % w/w x 15g || ||$0.90||West-Coast|
|Althrocin (10 ml)|
| Althrocin 100mg Tablet|| ||$0.03||Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
| ALTHROCIN P- tab 125 mg x 10's || ||$0.28||Alembic|
| Althrocin 100mg/mL DPS / 10ml|| ||$0.30|
| ALTHROCIN 100 MG DROP 1 packet(s) (10 ML drop each)|| ||$0.41||Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
| ALTHROCIN oral liqd 125 mg x 5 mL x 60ml || ||$0.45||Alembic|
| ALTHROCIN Capsule/ Tablet / 250mg (10 units)|| ||$0.58||Alembic|
|Eltocin (60 ml)|
| Eltocin 125mg Tablet|| ||$0.03||Ipca Laboratories Ltd|
| ELTOCIN KID 125 MG TABLET DT 1 strip(s) (10 tablet dts each)|| ||$0.24||Ipca Laboratories Ltd|
| Eltocin 125mg/5mL SUSP / 60ml|| ||$0.33|
| Eltocin 250mg Tablet|| ||$0.05||Ipca Laboratories Ltd|
| ELTOCIN 250 MG TABLET 1 strip(s) (15 tablets each)|| ||$0.68||Ipca Laboratories Ltd|
|Emcin Clear pad|
|Eritromicina 15% Trei|
|Eritromicina Tiocianato 20% Vetoquinol|
|Erthrocin (45 ml)|
|125 mg/5ml||45 ml||$0.32|
|2 %||30 gram||$55.78||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|2 %||60 gram||$99.58||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|2 %||90 g||$146.40||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
| Eryderm 60 mL x 1's|| ||$7.59|
| Erysanbe 250 mg x 10 x 10's|| ||$7.95|
| Erysanbe 200 mg x 10 x 10's|| ||$9.10|
| Erysanbe 200 mg/5 mL x 60 mL x 1's|| ||$1.27|
| Erysanbe 500 mg x 10 x 10's|| ||$15.32|
|2 %||25 g||$33.47||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|2 %||25 g||$33.56||Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|2 %||25 g||$33.64||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|2 %||25 g||$39.97||Australia, Canada, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
| Erysol 200 mg/5 mL x 60 mL x 1's|| ||$2.40|
|Erythrocin (500 mg)|
|250 mg||90 ||$159.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Turkey, Singapore, UK, USA|
|250 mg||90 ||$159.00||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Turkey, Singapore, UK, USA|
|500 mg||100 ||$115.00||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
| Erythrocin 100mg/5mL SUSP / 30ml|| ||$0.22|
| Erythrocin NA Granules|| ||$0.26||Pfizer Ltd|
|100 mg x 5 mL x 60ml|| ||$0.36|
| ERYTHROCIN Drops / 100mg per ml (10ml units)|| ||$0.36||Pfizer|
|400 mg x 6's|| ||$0.63|
| Erythrocin 250 mg x 100's|| ||$48.14|
| Erythrocin 100 mg/2.5 mL x 30 mL x 1's|| ||$3.50|
|250 mg||90 ||$68.52||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|250 mgec||100 ||$338.65||USA|
|5 mg/g||3 .5g||$28.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Turkey, Singapore, UK, USA|
|5 mg/g||3 .5g||$28.00||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Turkey, Singapore, UK, USA|
|5 mg/gm||50 ointment||$253.42||Canada, UK|
| Erytromicin 250mg - 10 Tablets|| ||$7.30|
| Erythrocin 250 mg filmtab|| ||$0.16|
| Erythromycin es 400 mg tablet|| ||$0.25|
| Ery-tab 333 mg tablet ec|| ||$0.40|
| Ery-tab ec 500 mg tablet|| ||$0.46|
| Eryc 250 mg Capsule (Enteric-Coated Pellet)|| ||$0.54|
| Erythromycin ec 500 mg tablet|| ||$0.66|
| Emgel 2% topical gel|| ||$1.07|
| BenzamycinPak 60 5-3% Packets (2 Box Contains 60 Packets)|| ||$142.45|
| Benzamycin 5-3% Gel 46.6 gm Jar|| ||$236.63|
| PCE 500 mg Enteric Coated Tabs|| ||$3.28|
|Erythromycin - Twinluck Pharm|
|Erythromycin 0.02 MG/MG Topical Gel [Erygel]|
|Erythromycin 500 MG Delayed Release Oral Tablet|
|Erythromycin Ophth Oint|
|5 mg/gm||3 .5gmointment||$15.65||USA|
|150 mg||100 Tablet||$11.85|
| Erythrox 150mg Tablet|| ||$0.12||Unimax Laboratories pvt Ltd|
| ERYTHROX 150MG TABLET 1 strip(s) (10 tablets each)|| ||$1.19||Unimax Laboratories pvt Ltd|
|Golcin (250 mg)|
|250 mg||10 Tablet||$0.67|
| Golcin 250 mg Tablet|| ||$0.07|
| Golcin 500 mg Tablet|| ||$0.13|
|Ornacyn 0.242 MG/ML Oral Solution|
|Osomycin (250 mg)|
|250 mg||10 Tablet||$0.69|
| Osomycin 250 mg Tablet|| ||$0.07|
| Osomycin 333 mg Tablet|| ||$0.08|
|Sentry AQ Mardel Maracyn 200 MG per 10 Gallon Powder for Solution|
|erythromycin 0.5 % Ophthalmic Ointment|
- Dailymed."Erythromycin: dailymed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the united states. dailymed is the official provider of fda label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailym... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Erythromycin". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/co... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Erythromycin". http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB0019... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "63937kv33d: the unique ingredient identifier (unii) is an alphanumeric substance identifier from the joint fda/usp substance registration system (srs).". https://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/Dat... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Erythromycin: the nci development therapeutics program (dtp) provides services and resources to the academic and private-sector research communities worldwide to facilitate the discovery and development of new cancer therapeutic agents.". https://dtp.cancer.gov/dtpstandard/... (accessed August 28, 2018).
Ilomycin - Frequently asked Questions
Can Ilomycin be stopped immediately or do I have to stop the consumption gradually to ween off?
In some cases, it always advisable to stop the intake of some medicines gradually because of the rebound effect of the medicine.
It's wise to get in touch with your doctor as a professional advice is needed in this case regarding your health, medications and further recommendation to give you a stable health condition.
Who should not take Ilomycin?
Some medical conditions may interact with Ilomycin. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have diarrhea
- if you have a history of kidney or liver disease; heart problems; a fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; low blood potassium or magnesium levels; myasthenia gravis; or the blood disease porphyria
- if you take any medicine that may increase the risk of a certain type of irregular heartbeat (prolonged QT interval). Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure if any of your medicines may increase the risk of this type of irregular heartbeat
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Ilomycin. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Many prescription and nonprescription medicines (eg, used for aches and pains, allergies, blood thinning, breathing problems, cancer, diabetes, erection problems, gout, irregular heartbeat or other heart problems, hepatitis C infection, high blood calcium levels, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, HIV infection, inflammation, infections, low blood sodium levels, migraine, mood or mental problems, nausea and vomiting, overactive bladder, Parkinson disease, prevention of organ transplant rejection, seizures, stomach problems, trouble sleeping), multivitamin products, and herbal or dietary supplements (eg, herbal teas, coenzyme Q10, garlic, ginseng, ginkgo, St. John's wort) may also interact with Ilomycin. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure if any of your medicines might interfere with Ilomycin
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Ilomycin may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How should I take Ilomycin?
Use Ilomycin as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Ilomycin by mouth on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Ilomycin works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Ilomycin for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you use Ilomycin.
- If you miss a dose of Ilomycin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Ilomycin.
Can Ilomycin be taken or consumed while pregnant?
Please visit your doctor for a recommendation as such case requires special attention.
Can Ilomycin be taken for nursing mothers or during breastfeeding?
Kindly explain your state and condition to your doctor and seek medical advice from an expert.
ReviewsFollowing the study conducted by wDrugs.com on Ilomycin, the result is highlighted below. However, it must be clearly stated that the survey and result is based solely on the perception and impression of visitors and users of the website as well as consumers of Ilomycin. We, therefore, urge readers not to base their medical judgment strictly on the result of this study but on test/diagnosis duly conducted by a certified medical practitioners or physician.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Harshad Shah, MD Pharmacology