Here is the some steps to help you to save money on Femring purchase.
Read drug prescription
It is very important to know about what medicine is given by the doctor, for what condition, and when it needs to be taken in what dose. This information given by the doctor is called Prescription. The patients should be familiar with the medicine prescription, and the details about the medicine before purchasing it and using it. Some medications need not be prescribed by healthcare practitioners and can be purchased and used without prescription by the patients; these are called over-the-counter medications. Read the drug prescription information of Femring before taking it.
What is Femring
Treating itching, burning, and dryness in or around the vaginal area in women past menopause.
Femring is a vaginal estrogen tablet. It works by increasing the amount of estrogen in the body in certain women who do not produce enough on their own.
Important safety information:
- Femring may increase the risk of stroke, heart attack, blood clots, high blood pressure, or similar problems. The risk may be greater if you smoke.
- Femring may cause dark skin patches on your face (melasma). Exposure to the sun may make these patches darker, and you may need to avoid prolonged sun exposure and sunlamps. Consult your doctor regarding the use of sunscreens and protective clothing.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Femring before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery. If you will be having surgery or will be confined to a chair or bed for a long period of time (eg, a long plane flight), notify your doctor at least 4 to 6 weeks beforehand. You may need to stop taking Femring or take other special precautions for a period of time.
- If you wear contact lenses and you develop problems with them, contact your doctor.
- Diabetes patients - Femring may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Femring may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are using Femring.
- Lab tests, including physical exams, cholesterol levels, and blood pressure, may be performed while you use Femring. You should have breast and pelvic exams and a Pap test at least once a year. You should also have periodic mammograms as determined by your doctor. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Follow your doctors instructions for examining your breasts, and report any lumps immediately.
- Talk with your doctor regularly (eg, every 3 to 6 months) about whether you need to continue taking Femring.
- Use Femring with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Femring is not approved for use in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Do not use Femring if you are pregnant. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor right away. Femring is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Femring, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Femring side effects
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome: Breast pain or tenderness; diarrhea; hair loss; headache; mild fluid retention; mild nausea or vomiting; spotting or breakthrough bleeding; stomach cramps or bloating.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur: Severe allergic reactions ; abnormal vaginal bleeding; breast lumps or pain; bulging eyes; calf pain, swelling, or tenderness; chest pain; coughing up blood; fainting; mental or mood changes (eg, depression); migraine headache; new or worsening memory problems; new or worsening vaginal pain or irritation; pelvic pain; severe or persistent dizziness or headache; severe or persistent stomach or back pain (with or without nausea or vomiting); shortness of breath; swelling of the hands or feet; symptoms of heart attack (eg, chest, jaw, or arm pain; sudden, severe nausea or vomiting; shortness of breath; sudden, unusual sweating); symptoms of liver problems (eg, dark urine, pale stools, yellowing of the skin or eyes); symptoms of stroke (eg, one-sided weakness, slurred speech, confusion); unusual vaginal discharge/itching/odor; vision loss or other vision changes; vomiting.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
Compare prices at online shops
Prices of the drug can vary in different shops. There will be a variation in price from pharmacy to an online shop. Most online shops will have a little lower price when compared to pharmacy stores, so you need to cross check before buying. Just go to a nearest pharmacy store and check for prices before you decide on buying. You should also be checking and comparing prices among various online stores and should be choosing the affordable and best store. The prices also vary based on brands, and you should note few stores sell specific brands, and you should learn to compare prices of same brand in different stores. Below are the prices of Femring medicine in some well-known online stores.
|Canada Prescription Plus|
|0 .05mg / 24h||1 ||$216.14||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Turkey, UK, USA|
|0 .1mg / 24h||1 ||$235.33||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Turkey, UK, USA|
|Get Canadian Drugs|
|0 .05mgday||1 ring||$248.49||Canada, Mauritius, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|0 .05mg / 24h||1 ||$213.12||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|0 .1mg / 24h||1 ||$227.26||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
Select the most affordable brand or generic drug
|168 HR Estradiol 0.00208 MG/HR Transdermal Patch [Climara]|
|84 HR Estradiol 0.00156 MG/HR Transdermal System|
|84 HR Estradiol 0.00208 MG/HR Transdermal System [Minivelle]|
|84 HR Estradiol 0.00313 MG/HR Transdermal Patch [Minivelle]|
|84 HR Minivelle 0.00104 MG/HR Transdermal System|
|90 DAY Estradiol 0.000313 MG/HR Vaginal Ring|
|5 mg||10 Tablet||$0.38|
| Alora 100ml - 1 Syrup|| ||$12.00|
| Alora 0.25mg Tablet|| ||$0.02||Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
| ALORA 0.25MG TABLET 1 strip(s) (10 tablets each)|| ||$0.17||Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
| Alora 0.5mg Tablet|| ||$0.03||Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
| Alora 0.5mg Tablet SR|| ||$0.03||Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
| ALORA 0.5MG TABLET 1 strip(s) (10 tablets each)|| ||$0.32||Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
| ALORA 0.5MG TABLET SR 1 strip(s) (10 tablet srs each)|| ||$0.32||Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
| Alora 3 x 10's|| ||$5.25|
|Climaderm 7 Dias|
|Climara 0.05 MG/24 HR Weekly Transdermal System|
| Divigel 0.1% Gel|| ||$9.22||Win-Medicare Pvt Ltd|
|Ed Val (2 mg)|
|2 mg||28 Tablet||$3.45|
|2 mg||28 Tablet||$3.45|
|Elestrin 0.0006 MG/MG Topical Gel|
|Estrace 0.5 MG Oral Tablet|
|Estrace Vaginal Cream|
|0 .01%||42 .5g||$145.00||Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|0 .01%||42 .5g||$145.73||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|0 .01%||42 .5g||$146.45||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|0 .01%||42 .5g||$165.33||Australia, Canada, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|Estraderm MX (0.025 mg)|
|0 .05mg||24 patch||$66.93||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|0 .1mg||8 patch||$31.60||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|0 .1mg||24 patch||$79.80||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
| Estraderm MX 50 50 mcg/1 day x 6's|| ||$28.45|
|Estradiol 0.001 MG/MG Topical Gel|
|Estradiol TTS - 1 A Pharma|
|Estragyn LA 5|
|Estring 7.5 MCG/24 HR 90 DAY Vaginal Ring|
|Estrofem (2 mg)|
|2 mg||28 Tablet||$5.02|
|2 mg||28 Tablet||$5.52|
|2 mg x 28's|| ||$5.52|
| ESTROFEM tab 2 mg x 28's || ||$5.52||Novo Nordisk|
| Estrofem 2mg TAB / 28|| ||$5.52|
| ESTROFEM Capsule/ Tablet / 2mg (28 units)|| ||$5.52||Novo Nordisk Pharma India|
| Estrofem 2 mg x 28's|| ||$9.60|
| EVALON Cream/ Gel/ Ointment / 1mg per gm (15gm units)|| ||$2.73||Organon India (Infar)|
| EVALON tab 1 mg x 10's || ||$0.68||Organon|
|Menostar 0.014 MG/24HR Weekly Transdermal Patch|
|Minivelle 0.0375 MG per 24HR Twice Weekly Transdermal Patch|
|1 mg||84 ||$46.14||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
| PROGYNOVA tab 1 mg x 28's || ||$2.43||Zydus (G.Rem)|
| PROGYNOVA tab 2 mg x 28's || ||$3.88||Zydus (G.Rem)|
|Sandoz Estradiol Derm|
|Vagifem 10 MCG (as estradiol hemihydrate 10.3 MCG) Vaginal Tablet|
|0 .025mg||8 ||$53.00|
|0 .0375mg||8 ||$51.00|
|0 .05mg||8 ||$51.00|
|0 .075mg||8 ||$52.00|
|Vivelle dot 0.05 MG/24 HR Twice Weekly Transdermal System|
|Yuvafem 10 MCG (estradiol hemihydrate 10.3 MCG) Vaginal Tablet|
|estradiol 0.00156 MG/HR 84 HR Transdermal Patch|
- Dailymed."Estradiol hemihydrate: dailymed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the united states. dailymed is the official provider of fda label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailym... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Estradiol". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/co... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Estradiol". http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB0078... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "4ti98z838e: the unique ingredient identifier (unii) is an alphanumeric substance identifier from the joint fda/usp substance registration system (srs).". https://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/Dat... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Estradiol: the nci development therapeutics program (dtp) provides services and resources to the academic and private-sector research communities worldwide to facilitate the discovery and development of new cancer therapeutic agents.". https://dtp.cancer.gov/dtpstandard/... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Estradiol: link to the compound information in wikipedia.". https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q2710... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Vivelle-dot: this section provide the link out information of drugs collectetd in pubmed health. ". http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedh... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Estrogens". https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/6... (accessed August 28, 2018).
Femring - Frequently asked Questions
Can Femring be stopped immediately or do I have to stop the consumption gradually to ween off?
In some cases, it always advisable to stop the intake of some medicines gradually because of the rebound effect of the medicine.
It's wise to get in touch with your doctor as a professional advice is needed in this case regarding your health, medications and further recommendation to give you a stable health condition.
Who should not take Femring?
Some medical conditions may interact with Femring. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a condition called hereditary angioedema
- if you have a history of breast lumps, breast disease, or an abnormal mammogram, or if a member of your family has had breast cancer
- if you have a vaginal infection or a history of uterus problems (eg, fibroids, endometriosis, abnormal vaginal bleeding, cancer), or you have had your uterus removed (hysterectomy)
- if you have a history of asthma, depression, memory problems, diabetes, seizures, gallbladder disease, pancreatitis, heart problems, high blood cholesterol or triglyceride levels, high blood calcium levels, high blood pressure, low blood levels of parathyroid hormone, or porphyria
- if you have a history of kidney or liver problems, yellowing of the skin or eyes, cancer, lupus, migraines, thyroid problems, or chorea (jerky, involuntary movements of the face, arms, or legs)
- if you smoke, use tobacco, are very overweight, will be having surgery, or will be confined to a bed or chair for a period of time
- if a member of your family has had high cholesterol or triglyceride levels, blood clots (eg, in the leg or lung), lupus, or has been very overweight
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Femring. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), macrolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin), or protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir) because they may increase the risk of estradiol's side effects
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), rifamycins (eg, rifampin), or St. John's wort because they may decrease estradiol's effectiveness
- Thyroid hormones (eg, levothyroxine) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Femring
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Femring may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How should I take Femring?
Use Femring as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with Femring. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- To use, tear off a single applicator, separate the plastic wrap, and remove the applicator from the plastic wrap.
- Select the position for vaginal insertion that is most comfortable for you.
- Place the finger of one hand on the applicator plunger. Use the other hand to gently and comfortably guide the applicator into the vagina. If the tablet falls out of the applicator before inserting the filled applicator, use a new applicator with a fresh tablet.
- Insert the tablet as far into the vagina as it can comfortably go without force, or until half of the applicator is in your vagina, whichever is less.
- After inserting the filled applicator, gently press the plunger until you hear a click and the plunger is fully depressed. This will eject the tablet inside your vagina. The tablet will dissolve slowly over several hours.
- After depressing the plunger, gently remove the applicator and throw it away. Do not reuse the applicator.
- You may use Femring at any time of the day. However, you should use it at the same time of day each time you use it.
- Eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice may increase the risk of estradiol's side effects. Talk to your doctor before including grapefruit or grapefruit juice in your diet while you are taking Femring.
- If you miss a dose of Femring, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Femring.
Can Femring be taken or consumed while pregnant?
Please visit your doctor for a recommendation as such case requires special attention.
Can Femring be taken for nursing mothers or during breastfeeding?
Kindly explain your state and condition to your doctor and seek medical advice from an expert.
ReviewsFollowing the study conducted by wDrugs.com on Femring, the result is highlighted below. However, it must be clearly stated that the survey and result is based solely on the perception and impression of visitors and users of the website as well as consumers of Femring. We, therefore, urge readers not to base their medical judgment strictly on the result of this study but on test/diagnosis duly conducted by a certified medical practitioners or physician.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Harshad Shah, MD Pharmacology