Here is the some steps to help you to save money on Fanapt purchase.
Read drug prescription
It is very important to know about what medicine is given by the doctor, for what condition, and when it needs to be taken in what dose. This information given by the doctor is called Prescription. The patients should be familiar with the medicine prescription, and the details about the medicine before purchasing it and using it. Some medications need not be prescribed by healthcare practitioners and can be purchased and used without prescription by the patients; these are called over-the-counter medications. Read the drug prescription information of Fanapt before taking it.
What is Fanapt
Treating schizophrenia in adults. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Fanapt is an atypical antipsychotic. Exactly how it works is not known. It is thought to affect certain substances in the brain.
Important safety information:
- Fanapt may cause drowsiness, dizziness, light-headedness, or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Fanapt with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using Fanapt.
- Do not use medicines that may cause drowsiness while you are using Fanapt without checking with your doctor; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- Several weeks may pass before your symptoms improve. Do NOT take more than the recommended dose, change your dose, or use Fanapt for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Fanapt may cause dizziness, light-headedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
- Do not become overheated in hot weather or while you are being active; heatstroke may occur.
- Fanapt may raise your blood sugar. High blood sugar may make you feel confused, drowsy, or thirsty. It can also make you flush, breathe faster, or have a fruit-like breath odor. If these symptoms occur, tell your doctor right away.
- NMS is a possibly fatal syndrome that can be caused by Fanapt. Symptoms may include fever; stiff muscles; confusion; abnormal thinking; fast or irregular heartbeat; and sweating. Contact your doctor at once if you have any of these symptoms.
- Some patients who take Fanapt may develop muscle movements that they cannot control. This is more likely to happen in elderly patients, especially women. The chance that this will happen or that it will become permanent is greater in those who take Fanapt in higher doses or for a long time. Muscle problems may also occur after short-term treatment with low doses. Tell your doctor at once if you have muscle problems with your arms or legs, or with your tongue, face, mouth, or jaw (eg, tongue sticking out, puffing of cheeks, mouth puckering, chewing movements) while taking Fanapt.
- Fanapt may increase the amount of a certain hormone (prolactin) in your blood. Symptoms may include enlarged breasts, missed menstrual period, decreased sexual ability, or nipple discharge. Contact your doctor right away if you experience any of these symptoms.
- Fanapt may rarely cause a prolonged, painful erection. This could happen even when you are not having sex. If this is not treated right away, it could lead to permanent sexual problems such as impotence. Contact your doctor right away if this happens.
- Lab tests, including complete blood cell counts, blood electrolyte levels, and fasting blood sugar levels, may be performed while you use Fanapt. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Fanapt with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially uncontrolled muscles movements.
- Fanapt should not be used in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of taking Fanapt while you are pregnant. Taking Fanapt during the third trimester may result in uncontrolled muscle movements or withdrawal symptoms in the newborn. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor. It is not known if Fanapt is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while you are taking Fanapt.
Fanapt side effects
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome: Diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; fatigue; nausea; stuffy nose; weight gain.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); abnormal thoughts; behavior changes; chest pain; confusion; decreased sexual ability; decreased urination; enlarged breasts; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; increased saliva production or drooling; increased sweating; mental or mood changes; missed menstrual period; muscle pain, weakness, or stiffness; nipple discharge; prolonged, painful erection; seizures; severe or prolonged dizziness or headache; shortness of breath; suicidal thoughts or attempts; symptoms of high blood sugar (eg, increased thirst, hunger, or urination; unusual weakness); tremor; trouble concentrating, speaking, or swallowing; trouble sitting still; trouble walking or standing; uncontrolled muscle movements (eg, arm or leg movements, twitching of the face or tongue, jerking or twisting); unusual eye movements.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
Compare prices at online shops
Prices of the drug can vary in different shops. There will be a variation in price from pharmacy to an online shop. Most online shops will have a little lower price when compared to pharmacy stores, so you need to cross check before buying. Just go to a nearest pharmacy store and check for prices before you decide on buying. You should also be checking and comparing prices among various online stores and should be choosing the affordable and best store. The prices also vary based on brands, and you should note few stores sell specific brands, and you should learn to compare prices of same brand in different stores. Below are the prices of Fanapt medicine in some well-known online stores.
|Get Canadian Drugs|
|10 mg||60 ||$667.99||Canada, Mauritius, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|12 mg||30 ||$334.99||Canada, Mauritius, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|12 mg||60 ||$667.99||Canada, Mauritius, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|1 mg||2 ||$29.99||Canada, Mauritius, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|4 mg||50 ||$99.99||Canada, Mauritius, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|6 mg||30 ||$69.99||Canada, Mauritius, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|Helen Pharm Ltd.|
|8 mg||60 ||$892.92||Israel|
|4 mg||2 ||$29.99||Canada, Mauritius, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|8 mg||30 ||$334.99||Canada, Mauritius, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|BBG Fulfillment Ltd|
|2 mg||60 ||$627.00||Australia, Canada, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
Select the most affordable brand or generic drug
- Dailymed."Iloperidone: dailymed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the united states. dailymed is the official provider of fda label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/se... (accessed July 18, 2018).
- "Iloperidone". http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB04946 (accessed July 18, 2018).
- "Iloperidone". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed July 18, 2018).
- "Iloperidone: link to the compound information in wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iloperidon... (accessed July 18, 2018).
- "Mesh tree: mesh (medical subject headings) is the nlm controlled vocabulary thesaurus used for indexing articles for pubmed.". http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/meshhome.htm... (accessed July 18, 2018).
- "Iloperidone". https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/s... (accessed July 18, 2018).
Fanapt - Frequently asked Questions
Can Fanapt be stopped immediately or do I have to stop the consumption gradually to ween off?
In some cases, it always advisable to stop the intake of some medicines gradually because of the rebound effect of the medicine.
It's wise to get in touch with your doctor as a professional advice is needed in this case regarding your health, medications and further recommendation to give you a stable health condition.
How should I take Fanapt?
Use Fanapt as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Fanapt by mouth with or without food.
- Taking Fanapt at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take Fanapt even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Fanapt, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. If you miss your dose of Fanapt for more than 3 days in a row, contact your doctor before you start taking Fanapt again.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Fanapt.
Who should not take Fanapt?
Some medical conditions may interact with Fanapt. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of seizures, heart problems (eg, heart failure, slow heartbeat), an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG), a heart attack, a stroke, blood vessel problems, or high or low blood pressure
- if you have a history of kidney or liver problems, neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS), suicidal thoughts or attempts, or alcohol abuse or dependence
- if you have diabetes or are very overweight, or if a family member has had diabetes
- if you have low blood potassium or magnesium levels, low white blood cell levels, Alzheimer disease, dementia, Parkinson disease, diarrhea, or esophagus problems (eg, trouble swallowing)
- if you have had high blood prolactin levels or a history of certain types of cancer (eg, breast, pancreas, pituitary), or if you are at risk of breast cancer
- if you are dehydrated, drink alcohol, or will be exposed to high temperatures, or if you take medicine for high blood pressure
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Fanapt. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Certain antiarrhythmics, (eg, amiodarone, procainamide, quinidine, sotalol), methadone, pentamidine, phenothiazines, (eg, chlorpromazine, thioridazine), certain quinolones (eg, gatifloxacin, moxifloxacin), or other medicines that affect the heartbeat because the risk of irregular heartbeat may be increased. Check with your doctor if you have questions about which medicines may affect your heartbeat
- Clarithromycin, itraconazole, ketoconazole, or certain serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine, paroxetine), because they may increase the risk of iloperidone's side effects
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Fanapt may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Can Fanapt be taken or consumed while pregnant?
Please visit your doctor for a recommendation as such case requires special attention.
Can Fanapt be taken for nursing mothers or during breastfeeding?
Kindly explain your state and condition to your doctor and seek medical advice from an expert.
ReviewsFollowing the study conducted by wDrugs.com on Fanapt, the result is highlighted below. However, it must be clearly stated that the survey and result is based solely on the perception and impression of visitors and users of the website as well as consumers of Fanapt. We, therefore, urge readers not to base their medical judgment strictly on the result of this study but on test/diagnosis duly conducted by a certified medical practitioners or physician.
Two patients reported doses
What is the specific doses you have used?
Fanapt May come in various doses. In most cases, antibiotics, antihypertensive, pain killers and anti-diabetic drugs available in different doses. Your doctor may prescribe any of the doses based on the severity of the patient's condition. According to our reports, users of wDrugs.com used the drugs in the following dosage percentage (Provide dosage percentage). Only a handful of drugs are made in a single or fixed dose. Regular health conditions like fever have similar doses. For instance [acetaminophen, 500mg] was used by the patients surveyed although it comes in different doses.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Harshad Shah, MD Pharmacology