Here is the some steps to help you to save money on Exjade purchase.
Read drug prescription
It is very important to know about what medicine is given by the doctor, for what condition, and when it needs to be taken in what dose. This information given by the doctor is called Prescription. The patients should be familiar with the medicine prescription, and the details about the medicine before purchasing it and using it. Some medications need not be prescribed by healthcare practitioners and can be purchased and used without prescription by the patients; these are called over-the-counter medications. Read the drug prescription information of Exjade before taking it.
What is Exjade
Treating high levels of iron in the blood.
Exjade is an iron-chelating agent. It works by binding to the extra iron in the blood and removing it from the body.
Important safety information:
- Exjade may cause dizziness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Exjade with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- If vomiting or diarrhea occurs, you will need to take care not to become dehydrated. Contact your doctor for instructions.
- Serious and sometimes fatal stomach ulcers or bleeding have been reported with the use of Exjade. Contact your doctor or get medical help right away if you develop severe stomach or back pain; black, tarry stools; vomit that looks like blood or coffee grounds; or unusual weight gain or swelling.
- Serious and sometimes fatal bone marrow problems have been reported in patients taking Exjade. Contact your doctor or get medical help right away if you develop symptoms of infection, unusual bruising or bleeding, or unusual tiredness or weakness.
- A very bad skin reaction (Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis) may happen. It can cause very bad health problems that may not go away and sometimes death. Get medical help right away if you have signs like red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin (with or without fever); red or irritated eyes; or sores in your mouth, throat, nose, or eyes.
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills) may not work as well while you are using Exjade. To prevent pregnancy, use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms).
- Lab tests, including liver and kidney function, blood ferritin and iron levels, vision, hearing, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you take Exjade. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Exjade with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially kidney problems, liver problems, and stomach or bowel bleeding.
- Exjade should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 2 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of taking Exjade while you are pregnant. It is not known if Exjade is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Exjade.
Exjade side effects
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome: Diarrhea; nausea; stomach pain; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, throat, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); change in the amount of urine produced; decreased hearing, hearing loss, or other hearing problems; symptoms of liver problems (eg, yellowing of the skin or eyes; dark urine; pale stools; severe or persistent nausea, stomach pain, or loss of appetite); vision changes (eg, blurred or cloudy vision, decreased vision).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
Compare prices at online shops
Prices of the drug can vary in different shops. There will be a variation in price from pharmacy to an online shop. Most online shops will have a little lower price when compared to pharmacy stores, so you need to cross check before buying. Just go to a nearest pharmacy store and check for prices before you decide on buying. You should also be checking and comparing prices among various online stores and should be choosing the affordable and best store. The prices also vary based on brands, and you should note few stores sell specific brands, and you should learn to compare prices of same brand in different stores. Below are the prices of Exjade medicine in some well-known online stores.
|125 mg||28 ||$389.50||Canada, UK|
|250 mg||84 ||$1.00||Australia, Canada, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|500 mg||28 ||$939.00||Australia, Canada, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|Granville Web Services Ltd|
|125 mg||84 ||$965.25||Australia, Canada, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|250 mg||28 ||$638.55||Australia, Canada, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|Solaris Pharma Inc|
|125 mg||28 ||$259.00||Australia, Canada, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|500 mg||84 ||$2.00||Australia, Canada, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|500 mg||28 ||$1.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Turkey, Singapore, UK, USA|
|DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc.|
|125 mg||84 ||$975.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|250 mg||28 ||$645.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|500 mg||84 ||$3.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|Helen Pharm Ltd.|
|125 mg||28 ||$274.92||Israel|
|250 mg||84 ||$2.00||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|125 mg||28 dispersible||$279.99||Canada, Mauritius, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|Online Pharmacies Canada|
|500 mg||28 ||$1.00||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|125 mg||84 ||$975.00||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|500 mg||84 ||$3.00||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|BBG Fulfillment Ltd|
|250 mg||28 dispersible||$508.00||Australia, Canada, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|BBG Fulfillment Ltd|
|500 mg||28 dispersible||$995.00||Australia, Canada, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|250 mg||28 ||$645.00||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Turkey, Singapore, UK, USA|
|Quality Prescription Drugs|
|125 mg||28 ||$320.10||Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
Select the most affordable brand or generic drug
- Dailymed."Deferasirox: dailymed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the united states. dailymed is the official provider of fda label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/se... (accessed July 18, 2018).
- "Deferasirox". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed July 18, 2018).
- "Deferasirox". http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01609 (accessed July 18, 2018).
- "Deferasirox: link to the compound information in wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferasiro... (accessed July 18, 2018).
- "Iron chelating agents". https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/680075... (accessed July 18, 2018).
- "Deferasirox". https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/s... (accessed July 18, 2018).
Exjade - Frequently asked Questions
Can Exjade be stopped immediately or do I have to stop the consumption gradually to ween off?
In some cases, it always advisable to stop the intake of some medicines gradually because of the rebound effect of the medicine.
It's wise to get in touch with your doctor as a professional advice is needed in this case regarding your health, medications and further recommendation to give you a stable health condition.
How should I take Exjade?
Use Exjade as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Exjade by mouth on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes before eating. Take it at the same time each day.
- Do not chew or swallow the tablet whole. You must mix Exjade with water, orange juice, or apple juice before you take it. Ask your doctor or pharmacist how much fluid you should use to mix your dose of Exjade.
- To mix Exjade, place the tablet in the correct amount of water, orange juice, or apple juice. Stir well until the tablet has completely dissolved, then immediately drink all of the liquid. Rinse the container with an additional small amount of water, orange juice, or apple juice and drink the contents to ensure the entire dose is taken.
- Take Exjade on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- Do not take an antacid that has aluminum in it at the same time you take Exjade. If you take antacids that contain aluminum, ask your doctor or pharmacist how to take them with Exjade.
- If you miss a dose of Exjade, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Exjade.
Who should not take Exjade?
Some medical conditions may interact with Exjade. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of kidney problems (eg, kidney failure), liver problems (eg, cirrhosis), or stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, ulcers)
- if you have cancer, blood or bone marrow problems, low blood platelets, vision or eye problems, hearing problems, or an infection
- if you are dehydrated
- if you are 65 years or older and have MDS
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Exjade. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), oral bisphosphonates (eg, alendronate), corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen) because the risk of stomach or bowel ulcers or bleeding may be increased
- Other iron-chelating medicines (eg, deferoxamine) because they may increase the risk of deferasirox's side effects
- Cholestyramine, colesevelam, colestipol, fosphenytoin, phenobarbital, phenytoin, rifampin, or ritonavir because they may decrease deferasirox's effectiveness
- Alosetron, caffeine, duloxetine, melatonin, paclitaxel, ramelteon, repaglinide, tacrine, theophyllines (eg, aminophylline), or tizanidine because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Exjade
- Alfentanil, aprepitant, budesonide, buspirone, conivaptan, cyclosporine, darifenacin, darunavir, dasatinib, dihydroergotamine, dronedarone, eletriptan, eplerenone, ergotamine, everolimus, felodipine, fentanyl, fluticasone, hormonal contraceptives (eg, birth control), indinavir, lopinavir, lovastatin, lurasidone, maraviroc, midazolam, nisoldipine, pimozide, quetiapine, quinidine, saquinavir, sildenafil, simvastatin, sirolimus, tacrolimus, tolvaptan, tipranavir, triazolam, ticagrelor, or vardenafil because their effectiveness may be decreased by Exjade
- Medicines that may harm the kidney (eg, aminoglycoside antibiotics [eg, gentamicin], amphotericin B, NSAIDs [eg, ibuprofen], tacrolimus, vancomycin) or the liver (eg, acetaminophen, methotrexate, ketoconazole, isoniazid, certain medicines for HIV infection) because the risk of kidney or liver side effects may be increased. Ask your doctor if you are unsure if any of your medicines might harm the kidney or liver
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Exjade may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Can Exjade be taken or consumed while pregnant?
Please visit your doctor for a recommendation as such case requires special attention.
Can Exjade be taken for nursing mothers or during breastfeeding?
Kindly explain your state and condition to your doctor and seek medical advice from an expert.
ReviewsFollowing the study conducted by wDrugs.com on Exjade, the result is highlighted below. However, it must be clearly stated that the survey and result is based solely on the perception and impression of visitors and users of the website as well as consumers of Exjade. We, therefore, urge readers not to base their medical judgment strictly on the result of this study but on test/diagnosis duly conducted by a certified medical practitioners or physician.
One patient reported doses
What is the specific doses you have used?
Exjade May come in various doses. In most cases, antibiotics, antihypertensive, pain killers and anti-diabetic drugs available in different doses. Your doctor may prescribe any of the doses based on the severity of the patient's condition. According to our reports, users of wDrugs.com used the drugs in the following dosage percentage (Provide dosage percentage). Only a handful of drugs are made in a single or fixed dose. Regular health conditions like fever have similar doses. For instance [acetaminophen, 500mg] was used by the patients surveyed although it comes in different doses.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Harshad Shah, MD Pharmacology