Here is the some steps to help you to save money on Estring purchase.
Read drug prescription
It is very important to know about what medicine is given by the doctor, for what condition, and when it needs to be taken in what dose. This information given by the doctor is called Prescription. The patients should be familiar with the medicine prescription, and the details about the medicine before purchasing it and using it. Some medications need not be prescribed by healthcare practitioners and can be purchased and used without prescription by the patients; these are called over-the-counter medications. Read the drug prescription information of Estring before taking it.
What is Estring
Treating symptoms caused by menopause. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Estring is an estrogen. It works by increasing the amount of estrogen in the body in certain women who do not produce enough on their own.
Important safety information:
- Toxic shock syndrome has been reported in a few patients using vaginal rings. TSS is a rare but serious and sometimes fatal condition. Symptoms of TSS may include diarrhea, dizziness or light-headedness, fainting, fever, muscle pain, nausea, a sunburn-like rash, or vomiting. Tell your doctor right away if you notice these effects.
- There have been a few reports of Estring becoming attached to the vaginal wall. This may make removal of the ring difficult. Tell your doctor if you have trouble removing the ring.
- Estring may cause dizziness. This effect may be worse if you use it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Estring with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Limit alcoholic beverages while you are using Estring.
- Estring may cause dark skin patches on your face (melasma). Exposure to the sun may make these patches darker and you may need to avoid prolonged sun exposure and sunlamps. Consult your doctor regarding the use of sunscreens and protective clothing.
- Estring may increase the risk of blood clots (especially in women older than 35 years old). The risk may be greater if you smoke.
- Contact your health care provider if vaginal bleeding of unknown cause occurs. This could be a sign of a serious condition requiring immediate medical attention.
- Contact your health care provider if vaginal discomfort occurs or if you suspect you have developed an infection while taking Estring.
- Follow your doctor's instructions for examining your breasts, and report any lumps immediately.
- If you wear contact lenses and you develop problems with them, contact your doctor.
- If you will be having surgery or will be confined to a chair or bed for a long period of time (eg, a long plane flight), notify your doctor beforehand. Special precautions may need to be taken in these circumstances while you are using Estring.
- Nonprescription therapy to help prevent bone loss includes a weight-bearing exercise plan, as well as adequate daily calcium and vitamin D intake. Check with your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
- Estring may increase the risk of breast and endometrial cancer. Your doctor may prescribe another hormone (progestin) to decrease this risk.
- Your doctor should reevaluate you every 3 to 6 months to determine whether or not you need to continue using Estring.
- Estring may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are using Estring.
- Diabetes patients - Estring may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Lab tests, including physical exams, hormone levels, or blood pressure, may be performed while you use Estring. You should have breast and pelvic exams and a Pap test at least once a year. You should also have periodic mammograms as determined by your doctor. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Estring with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects, including an increased risk of heart problems, stroke, breast or uterine cancer, and certain mental problems (eg, dementia).
- Estring should not be used in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Do not use Estring if you are pregnant. Avoid becoming pregnant while you are using it. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor right away. Estring is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Estring.
Estring side effects
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome: Breast pain or tenderness; hair loss; headache; mild burning, irritation, or itching after insertion; mild nausea or vomiting; spotting or breakthrough bleeding; stomach cramps or bloating.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); back pain; breast lumps or nipple discharge; calf or leg pain or swelling; changes in vaginal bleeding (eg, spotting, breakthrough bleeding, prolonged bleeding); chest pain; constipation; coughing up blood; dark urine; diarrhea; dizziness; fainting; fever; irregular heartbeat; memory problems; mental or mood changes (eg, depression); muscle pain; one-sided weakness; painful or difficult urination; persistent or severe breast pain or tenderness; persistent or severe headache, nausea, or vomiting; severe or persistent stomach pain or swelling; severe vaginal pain or bleeding during ring removal; slurred speech; sudden shortness of breath; sunburn-like skin rash; swelling of feet, hands, or legs;unusual vaginal discharge, itching, or odor; unusual weight changes; vision changes; weakness or numbness of an arm or leg; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
Compare prices at online shops
Prices of the drug can vary in different shops. There will be a variation in price from pharmacy to an online shop. Most online shops will have a little lower price when compared to pharmacy stores, so you need to cross check before buying. Just go to a nearest pharmacy store and check for prices before you decide on buying. You should also be checking and comparing prices among various online stores and should be choosing the affordable and best store. The prices also vary based on brands, and you should note few stores sell specific brands, and you should learn to compare prices of same brand in different stores. Below are the prices of Estring medicine in some well-known online stores.
|2 mg||1 ring||$102.96||Canada, UK|
|Canada Drug Center|
|2 mg||1 ||$102.00||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|2 mg||1 ||$98.02||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Turkey, Singapore, UK, USA|
|BBG Fulfillment Ltd|
|2 mg||1 vaginalring||$93.00||Australia, Canada, Mauritius, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|2 mg||1 ||$98.02||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Turkey, Singapore, UK, USA|
There does not exist generic for this medicine.
ReviewsFollowing the study conducted by wDrugs.com on Estring, the result is highlighted below. However, it must be clearly stated that the survey and result is based solely on the perception and impression of visitors and users of the website as well as consumers of Estring. We, therefore, urge readers not to base their medical judgment strictly on the result of this study but on test/diagnosis duly conducted by a certified medical practitioners or physician.
One patient reported doses
What is the specific doses you have used?
Estring May come in various doses. In most cases, antibiotics, antihypertensive, pain killers and anti-diabetic drugs available in different doses. Your doctor may prescribe any of the doses based on the severity of the patient's condition. According to our reports, users of wDrugs.com used the drugs in the following dosage percentage (Provide dosage percentage). Only a handful of drugs are made in a single or fixed dose. Regular health conditions like fever have similar doses. For instance [acetaminophen, 500mg] was used by the patients surveyed although it comes in different doses.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Harshad Shah, MD Pharmacology