Here is the some steps to help you to save money on Erythrolar (500 mg) purchase.
Read drug prescription
It is very important to know about what medicine is given by the doctor, for what condition, and when it needs to be taken in what dose. This information given by the doctor is called Prescription. The patients should be familiar with the medicine prescription, and the details about the medicine before purchasing it and using it. Some medications need not be prescribed by healthcare practitioners and can be purchased and used without prescription by the patients; these are called over-the-counter medications. Read the drug prescription information of Erythrolar (500 mg) before taking it.
Erythrolar (500 mg)
What is Erythrolar (500 mg)
Treating infections caused by certain bacteria. It is also used to prevent attacks of rheumatic fever. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Erythrolar (500 mg) is a macrolide antibiotic. It works by killing or slowing the growth of sensitive bacteria.
Important safety information:
- Mild diarrhea is common with antibiotic use. However, a more serious form of diarrhea may rarely occur. This may develop while you use the antibiotic or within several months after you stop using it. Contact your doctor right away if stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools occur. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
- Erythrolar (500 mg) only works against bacteria; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold).
- Be sure to use Erythrolar (500 mg) for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Long-term or repeated use of Erythrolar (500 mg) may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Erythrolar (500 mg) before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Rarely, patients taking Erythrolar (500 mg) have developed reversible hearing loss. The risk is greater if you have kidney problems or you take high doses of Erythrolar (500 mg). Contact your doctor if you develop decreased hearing or hearing loss.
- Erythrolar (500 mg) may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Erythrolar (500 mg).
- Lab tests, including liver function, kidney function, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you use Erythrolar (500 mg). These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Erythrolar (500 mg) with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially irregular heartbeat (prolonged QT interval).
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Erythrolar (500 mg) while you are pregnant. Erythrolar (500 mg) is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Erythrolar (500 mg), check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Erythrolar (500 mg) side effects
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome: Loss of appetite; mild diarrhea; nausea; stomach pain; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody stools; change in the amount of urine produced; decreased hearing or hearing loss; irregular heartbeat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe diarrhea; severe stomach pain; stomach cramps; symptoms of liver problems (eg, yellowing of the skin or eyes; pale stools; severe or persistent nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite; dark urine).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
Compare prices at online shops
Prices of the drug can vary in different shops. There will be a variation in price from pharmacy to an online shop. Most online shops will have a little lower price when compared to pharmacy stores, so you need to cross check before buying. Just go to a nearest pharmacy store and check for prices before you decide on buying. You should also be checking and comparing prices among various online stores and should be choosing the affordable and best store. The prices also vary based on brands, and you should note few stores sell specific brands, and you should learn to compare prices of same brand in different stores. Below are the prices of Erythrolar (500 mg) medicine in some well-known online stores.
|Lark Laboratories (India) Ltd.|
|500 mg||10 Tablet||$0.69||India|
Select the most affordable brand or generic drug
|Akne Mycin 2%|
|Aritomycin (250 mg)|
|250 mg||10 Tablet||$0.40|
|250 mg x 10's|| ||$0.40|
| Aritomycin 250mg TAB / 10|| ||$0.40|
| ARITOMYCIN Capsule/ Tablet / 250mg (10 units)|| ||$0.40||Cadila Pharmaceuticals|
| ARITOMYCIN tab 250 mg x 10's || ||$0.40||Cadila|
|500 mg x 10's|| ||$0.78|
| Aritomycin 500mg TAB / 10|| ||$0.78|
| ARITOMYCIN Capsule/ Tablet / 500mg (10 units)|| ||$0.78||Cadila Pharmaceuticals|
| ARITOMYCIN tab 500 mg x 10's || ||$0.78||Cadila|
|ERYGEL 2 % Topical Gel|
|Eltocin (250 mg)|
|125 mg x 10's|| ||$0.15|
|250 mg x 10's|| ||$0.29|
| ELTOCIN Capsule/ Tablet / 250mg (10 units)|| ||$0.34||IPCA Laboratories|
| ELTOCIN 500 MG TABLET 1 strip(s) (10 tablets each)|| ||$0.45||Ipca Laboratories Ltd|
| Eltocin 500mg Tablet ER|| ||$0.09||Ipca Laboratories Ltd|
|Eritromicina E.S. MK|
|Eritromicina ES MK|
|Erthrocin (100 mg)|
|100 mg||10 Tablet||$0.21|
|Eryacne (Skin) (20 gm)|
|2 %||30 gram||$55.78||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|2 %||60 gram||$99.58||Barbados, Canada, NZ, UK|
|4 %/20gm||20 gm||$0.63|
|4 % x 20g|| ||$0.56|
| ERYACNE topical gel 4 % x 20g || ||$0.56||Emcure|
| Eryacne 4% GEL / 20g|| ||$0.56|
|Erysoft (500 mg)|
|500 mg||10 Tablet||$1.12|
|250 mg x 10's|| ||$0.57|
| ERYSOFT tab 250 mg x 10's || ||$0.57||East West|
| Erysoft 250mg TAB / 10|| ||$0.57|
|500 mg x 10's|| ||$1.12|
| ERYSOFT tab 500 mg x 10's || ||$1.12||East West|
| Erysoft 500mg TAB / 10|| ||$1.12|
|Erythrocin (250 mg)|
|250 mg||10 Tablet||$0.29|
|250 mg||90 ||$141.40||Australia, Canada, India, NZ, Singapore, Turkey, UK, USA|
|250 mg||90 ||$160.59||Australia, Canada, India, Mauritius, NZ, Turkey, UK, USA|
|500 mg||100 ||$103.50||Canada, UK|
| ERYTHROCIN Granules/ Powder / 125mg per 5ml (30ml units)|| ||$0.22||Abbott India|
|125 mg x 5 mL x 60ml|| ||$0.32|
| Erythrocin 100mg/5mL SUSP / 60ml|| ||$0.36|
| ERYTHROCIN oral drops 100 mg x 1 mL x 10ml || ||$0.36||P. Upjohn|
| Erythrocin 400mg GRAN / 6|| ||$0.63|
| Erythrocin 400 mg/5 mL x 50 mL|| ||$6.70|
| Erythrocin 200 mg/5 mL x 60 mL x 1's|| ||$3.71|
| ERYTHROKEM 250MG TABLET 1 strip(s) (10 tablets each)|| ||$0.30||Alkem Laboratories Ltd|
| Erythrokem 125mg/5mL SYR / 60ml|| ||$0.36|
| ERYTHROKEM 500MG TABLET 1 strip(s) (10 tablets each)|| ||$0.63||Alkem Laboratories Ltd|
|Erythromycin 0.0053 MG/ML Topical Solution [Maracyn]|
|Erythromycin 333 MG Delayed Release Oral Tablet [Ery-Tab]|
|Erythromycin Ethylsuccinate Arbor|
|Erythromycin Ethylsuccinate-C-Dragon Pharmacy|
| ERYTOP 1% GEL 1 tube(s) (20 GM gel each)|| ||$1.66||USV Ltd|
| Erytop 1% Gel|| ||$1.81||USV Ltd|
|3 % w/w x 20g|| ||$0.40|
| Erytop 3% w/w CRM / 20g|| ||$0.40|
| ERYTOP cream 3 % w/w x 20g || ||$0.40||USV|
|3 % w/v x 25ml|| ||$0.46|
| Erytop 3% w/v LOTION / 25ml|| ||$0.46|
| ERYTOP lotion 3 % w/v x 25ml || ||$0.46||USV|
| ERYTOP 1% LOTION 1 bottle(s) (25 ML lotion each)|| ||$1.24||USV Ltd|
| Erytop 1% w/v Lotion|| ||$1.35||USV Ltd|
| Mac 20mg TAB / 10|| ||$0.49|
| MAC 20MG TABLET 1 strip(s) (10 tablets each)|| ||$0.63||Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd|
| MAC tab 20 mg x 10's || ||$0.63||Corona (Pioneer)|
| Mac 20mg Tablet|| ||$0.08||Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd|
|Stal Throcin (250 mg)|
|250 mg||100 Tablet||$6.22|
| Stal Throcin 250 mg Tablet|| ||$0.06|
- Dailymed."Erythromycin: dailymed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the united states. dailymed is the official provider of fda label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailym... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Erythromycin". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/co... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Erythromycin". http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB0019... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "63937kv33d: the unique ingredient identifier (unii) is an alphanumeric substance identifier from the joint fda/usp substance registration system (srs).". https://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/Dat... (accessed August 28, 2018).
- "Erythromycin: the nci development therapeutics program (dtp) provides services and resources to the academic and private-sector research communities worldwide to facilitate the discovery and development of new cancer therapeutic agents.". https://dtp.cancer.gov/dtpstandard/... (accessed August 28, 2018).
Erythrolar (500 mg) - Frequently asked Questions
Can Erythrolar (500 mg) be stopped immediately or do I have to stop the consumption gradually to ween off?
In some cases, it always advisable to stop the intake of some medicines gradually because of the rebound effect of the medicine.
It's wise to get in touch with your doctor as a professional advice is needed in this case regarding your health, medications and further recommendation to give you a stable health condition.
Who should not take Erythrolar (500 mg)?
Some medical conditions may interact with Erythrolar (500 mg). Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have diarrhea
- if you have a history of kidney or liver disease; heart problems; a fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; low blood potassium or magnesium levels; myasthenia gravis; or the blood disease porphyria
- if you take any medicine that may increase the risk of a certain type of irregular heartbeat (prolonged QT interval). Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure if any of your medicines may increase the risk of this type of irregular heartbeat
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Erythrolar (500 mg). Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Many prescription and nonprescription medicines (eg, used for aches and pains, allergies, blood thinning, breathing problems, cancer, diabetes, erection problems, gout, irregular heartbeat or other heart problems, hepatitis C infection, high blood calcium levels, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, HIV infection, inflammation, infections, low blood sodium levels, migraine, mood or mental problems, nausea and vomiting, overactive bladder, Parkinson disease, prevention of organ transplant rejection, seizures, stomach problems, trouble sleeping), multivitamin products, and herbal or dietary supplements (eg, herbal teas, coenzyme Q10, garlic, ginseng, ginkgo, St. John's wort) may also interact with Erythrolar (500 mg). Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure if any of your medicines might interfere with Erythrolar (500 mg)
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Erythrolar (500 mg) may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How should I take Erythrolar (500 mg)?
Use Erythrolar (500 mg) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Erythrolar (500 mg) by mouth on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Erythrolar (500 mg) works best if it is taken at the same time(s) each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Erythrolar (500 mg) for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you use Erythrolar (500 mg).
- If you miss a dose of Erythrolar (500 mg), take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Erythrolar (500 mg).
Can Erythrolar (500 mg) be taken or consumed while pregnant?
Please visit your doctor for a recommendation as such case requires special attention.
Can Erythrolar (500 mg) be taken for nursing mothers or during breastfeeding?
Kindly explain your state and condition to your doctor and seek medical advice from an expert.
ReviewsFollowing the study conducted by wDrugs.com on Erythrolar (500 mg), the result is highlighted below. However, it must be clearly stated that the survey and result is based solely on the perception and impression of visitors and users of the website as well as consumers of Erythrolar (500 mg). We, therefore, urge readers not to base their medical judgment strictly on the result of this study but on test/diagnosis duly conducted by a certified medical practitioners or physician.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Harshad Shah, MD Pharmacology